Photo: Martin Addison. Published under this creative commons license.
After creating (and publishing) a master-piece of a blog-post, I went to relax in my favorite cafe in the town. Though it was quite far away from my house, I loved the ambiance, quietness and the friendly staff. I was looking at the menu card, when a couple entered the venue. On noticing me, they discussed something among themselves and approached me.
I have got another award – ‘The Liebster Blog’ award from Y Not? Enjoying Life in My Own Way. Yaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy . Here are the rules -
- Tell 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer my questions please
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Write 11 questions for them to answer
I prefer blog conversations over real-world conversations because, in our blogs we can proof-read the post/comments throughly before hitting the ‘publish’ button. There is a lot of time to think/contemplate on what we write. Of course, there might still be a few glitches (as comments cannot be deleted on other blogs), but in our own blogs we can delete anything, anytime. We just need to hope that people have not already taken a screen-shot of whatever we want to delete! Continue reading
At that tender age of 10, he knew that he had such a huge responsibility to shoulder. He knew that he was the most anticipated singer the world has been waiting for. The thunderous applause just confirmed it three times over. Until…
Image credit: Shanth. This image has been published under this creative commons license.
If at all you get a time-machine, you’d probably want to know what kind of creatures you might meet if you go back to certain times in the history of the earth. While the creatures of the Jurassic era (including the dinosaurs) are the biggest and most deadliest, you might be out of luck even if you go to an era before that.
The following facts will help you make sense of the time-zones we are talking about.
- 4.5 Billion years ago: The Earth was formed
- 580 Million years ago: Complex Multi-Cellular life evolved in water
- 530 Million years ago: The first pre-historic fish appeared in water
- 480 Million years ago: Oldest fossils of land fungi and plants
- 450 Million years ago: First Anthropods (ancestors of insects) appeared on land
- 380 Million years ago: First Tetrapods (ancestors of amphibians) appeared on land
- 250 – 200 Million years ago: Triassic era (Ancient creatures and ancestors of Dinosaurs lived in this period)
- 200 – 145 Million years ago: Jurassic era (Among other creatures, the Dinosaurs also lived and dominated the planet)
- 6 Million years ago: African Ape (Our ancestor) lived
- 0.2 Million years ago: Human beings attained anatomical modernity (we were able to stand erect!) Continue reading
Ten Jokes for today – Try not to laugh!
A politician was very upbeat. He was on his first campaign and people seemed to be interested in his policies. In order to know what people thought of his speech, he went to an old lady and asked her if she would vote for him. She replies,
“You are only my second option”
Intrigued, the politician asks: “And who is the first option?”
“Just anybody else!!”, the old lady replies.
This image is published under this creative commons license.
I am being unfair by leaving out the old husbands. So, I guess these excitements are very much applicable for old husbands, as well. I don’t want to be partial in my blog.
Like how every woman has to play various roles like daughter, wife and mother, every man has to play various vital roles. But these exciting roles are available to them only post marriage. While the list is very big, let us have a look at an ultra-condensed list, below.
Organizing trips is no joke. It takes special skills, time and efforts. Obviously, new husbands need to be proficient in this essential art form. You may disagree, but all mundane and uninteresting choices like choice of place(s), duration of travel, what to do during a vacation, who are going, etc are already decided for you. You are however left with the exciting job of booking tickets, booking rooms, negotiating with travel agencies and all such intensely awesome things. Continue reading