It’s been a long time since I listened to radio channels. So I thought why not try it now, especially as I have bought a cell phone with decent front speakers, recently.
Here are my observations just after one hour of listening to various Radio Channels in Chennai:
- Songs are played only for 50% of the time.
- Remaining 50% of the time is taken up by ads, RJ chatter, interviews, theme music of the radio channel, etc.
- Some channels are clearer than others: Not sure if this is location/device specific. But since they don’t consume my 3G bandwidth, so I am happy!
- Talking about 3G, if you live outside Chennai and want to listen to radio channels in Chennai, there are a few radio channels that stream via the Internet, it seems.
- In one channel, a movie was playing in audio format!
- Two interesting ads I noticed: One ad advertised an apartment saying it’s not as expensive as 3 crores, but costs just 1.3 crores!! My, I don’t think I can buy a house 😛 Another ad was an ad for a mega serial for TV. Talk about radio-TV collaboration!
- One channel played an interview with a movie star which was actually a plug for his latest movie. But another channel played an interview with four artists who came on a cultural exchange to paint the walls of Chennai.
- There were a couple of radio channels that played English songs. But not even one channel played Hindi songs!! Why??
- Good to listen to old/familiar/forgotten songs once again.
- One person who ‘called-in’ started singing in a pathetic voice. Too funny!! 🙂
- One channel (AIR?) was broadcasting news in short.
- Actually, I was flipping through the radio channels to discover at least one new/good song. I did find this song from Billa 2. It was good, not great. But I am inspired to listen more.
- Also, just one hour of listening resulted in so much adventures! 🙂
So have you been listening to radio channels in your place recently? What are your observations? If you’ve not been listening, you should try – at least occasionally 🙂